Tabinaka Inc. a D2C startup providing tours and experiences globally, raises 300Mn JPY from angel investors
Strengthening its global footprint by acquisitions and establishing subsidiaries
Tabinaka(Fun Group) Inc. (HQ: Shibuya-ku Tokyo, Japan; CEO and President: Kenji Miki), operating “Tabinaka”, a D2C business providing tours and experiences has sourced funds by third-party allotment of shares to angel investors.
Tabinaka(Fun Group) Inc. (HQ: Shibuya-ku Tokyo, Japan; CEO and President: Kenji Miki), operating “Tabinaka”, a D2C business providing tours and experiences, has sourced funds by third-party allotment of shares to angel investors. The cumulative total now raised has reached 300 million yen. The capital raised will be used for expansion abroad and developing real time inventory management systems.
Tabinka’s overseas subsidiaries
To cater to the increasing demand for services in “Tabinaka” (Japanese term for “during your trip”) we will increase the number of overseas subsidiaries; we foresee that vertically integrating from product development, operations to sales will make our gross-profit rate exceed 50-70%. Tabinaka currently operates its subsidiaries in 6 locations (Bali, Bangkok, Cebu, Taiwan, Cancun, State of Nevada in U.S) and intends to establish more subsidiaries through M&A.
Real-time inventory management system
Managing inventory and instant bookings have been challenging from an operational perspective, as guides and other logistics have to be checked on a recurring basis before any confirmation. Going forward, Tabinaka will develop a system that will manage inventory on a real time basis, which would allow instant bookings and therefore increase it’s user experience.
While there are many companies that can meet the demands that arise before travel, such as reservations for flights or accommodation, there are few services that can meet the needs that arise during travel. Tabinaka needs can vary from a massage after a day of walking, to hailing a taxi if it suddenly starts to rain. We believe that it is imperative to have local subsidiaries and develop a position to provide appropriate solutions to meet the diversifying demands of travellers. We will aim to develop the tours and experiences that we offer in-house, to not only increase profitability but also ensure customer satisfaction.
Tabinaka will aim to deliver an even higher quality of service to the demands that arise during “Tabinaka”, and accomplish our mission statement of “simplify ways to access sightseeing resources worldwide”.
- Yusuke Sato, CEO and President of Hey Inc.
- Kiyohiro Sugashita, CEO and President of Sugashita Partners Ltd., international finance consultant
- Ken Takayama, ex-CFO of Rakuten Inc.
- Kotaro Chiba, General Partner of Drone fund
- Tsuga Naka, ex-director of Citi Group and ex-CEO of Storm Harbour Partners LP
- Paul Kuo, ex-CEO of Credit Suisse and CEO of Edinburgh Enterprise
- Hideto Hujino, CFO and CIO (Chief Investment Officer) of Rheos Capital Works Inc.
- Yukihiro Yoshida, President and CEO of Island Crea, ex-Executive director of Gulliver International Co. Ltd. or currently IDOM
- Sourcenext Corporation (CEO and President: Hiroyuki Matsuda)
- Vector Inc. (CEO and President: Hajime Nishie)
Overseas tour / experince booking platform, “Tabinaka”:https://tabinaka.co.jp/
About Tabinaka Inc.
Tabinaka Inc. is involved in the design, development and sales of tours and experiences i.e. “Tabinaka” (Japanese term for “during your trip”), with a mission to “simplify ways to access sightseeing resources worldwide”. Tabinka operates services worldwide, with its subsidiaries in 6 locations (Bali, Bangkok, Cebu, Taiwan, Cancun, State of Nevada in U.S).
Kenji Miki, CEO and President / Founder
Kenji started his own agency business in the telecoms industry and sold the company 2 years later. When he traveled overseas to develop his next global business, he noticed that most of world’s sightseeing resources were untapped. He experienced working as a tour guide himself in Thailand, when he confirmed his belief in the future of the “Tabinaka” market; thus, he founded Tabinaka Inc. in 2014.
- Company name: Tabinaka Inc. (Fun Group inc.)
- Location: 5-19-10 Hiroo, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, WILL HAGIYA BUILDING 3F 4F, 150-0012
- Established: January 2014
- Representative Director: Kenji Miki
- Website: https://fungroup.inc/
- Registration number: Tokyo Governor's Registered Travel Agency No. 3-7596 Japan Association of Travel Agents (JATA) Regular Members
Inquiries regarding this matter
Fun Group Inc.
TEL & FAX: 050-1746-3224